For many highly driven people, including me, the thought of having a coach, or an accountability partner was not that important. After all I can drive myself to achieve. And in some cases, these ‘coaches’ can cost an absolute fortune, so why waste the money?
I’ve come to accept and believe that having an accountability partner is useful and extremely valuable. Why?
1. Sharing your goal ‘out loud’ to another person makes it more real.
2. Knowing that someone else is sharing an interest in your progress gives failure a ‘cost.’
3. Not reaching your goal can feel like breaking a promise.
4. Most of us care what others think of us. We want to be thought well of and this can motivate us to reach the goal.
5. Many REALTORS® work from home. Having someone you can reach out to, helps combat the loneliness and isolation some of us feel from time to time.
So how do your find an accountability partner? Perhaps there’s someone at your brokerage that will agree to meet you once a week, in person, or perhaps over the phone, or on-line.
At my brokerage we have a team meeting once a week, where we review last weeks goals, celebrate success and set goals for the coming weeks. We all do it. Myself included.
About the author:
You can read more about the author of this blog by clicking this link - Stuart Neal Broker Owner & REALTOR® .
You can hear and Stuart tell you more on his You Tube Channel: Edmonton Real Estate Career Mentor & Coach.
Want more information about becoming a team member or Associate REALTOR® and creating a career with Ambergate? Call Stuart our broker owner at: 780-760-2014 ext. 3 or go to our Careers page - Ambergate Realty Advisors Careers.Posted by Stuart Neal on