Don’t fall into the trap of complacency. At this time of the year, hundreds of home sellers witness outstanding success and sell for full market value.
Between November 21st, 2017 and January 31st, 2018 almost 1700 homes sold in the Edmonton market taking around 70 days to sell. There’s every reason to expect that this year will be just the same. Click on this link to see the detail: Edmonton Market Report
Here’s why you could do well:
- Reduced competition. Many sellers just give up until Spring. Buyers who are looking now are motivated. They might pay you a premium price, if they can move in quickly.
- Home values often go up. Based on last year’s statistics house prices in the metro Edmonton area increased just before Christmas.
- Many Edmonton area workers get bonuses at Christmas. Why not sell to a buyer whilst they have their down payments and before they use it to pay off credit card bills?
- When does your home look the most inviting and smell the best? During the Christmas season, your home is decorated and the aroma of all that baking, fills the air.
- Are you going away for some of the Christmas season? If you are, showing it will be easy. We might have your home sold before you get back.
- Don’t forget your neighbours. Many of your neighbors will be having family and friends over for parties. If they love the area and see your sign, they might call us and buy your home.
- Worried about how to show off your wonderful yard? We will use photographs that you took last summer.
- People are generally happy and optimistic during the Christmas season. This is a wonderful time to sell them your home.
If you choose not to be one of the approx. 1700 homeowners that will sell over Christmas and to wait until 2019 to sell your home, these blog posts are sure to be of interest:
Note this blog was first published on the Ambergate Realty Advisors blog and website in November 2014. It was revised, updated and reposted on November 29th, 2015. It was published again with amendments in December 2017 and November 2018.
About the author:
You can read more about the author of this blog by clicking this link – Stuart Neal Broker Owner & REALTOR®
Want more information about our discount and flat fee home selling programs? Please feel free to call our broker owner Stuart Neal at: 780-760-2014 or visit our home sellers page www.FlatFeeRealtyAdvisors.ca