Don’t fall into the trap of complacency. At this time of the year, hundreds of home sellers witness outstanding success and sell for full market value.
Based on last year’s market statistics (this year is very similar) almost 1600 homes will sell across metro Edmonton between November 1st and December 31st 2019. Average days on market will be around 69 days. For an overview of the market across the year, please click on this link to see the detail: Edmonton Market Report
Here’s why you could do well:
- Reduced competition. Many sellers just give up until Spring. Buyers who are looking now are motivated. They might pay you a premium price, if they can move in quickly.
- Home values often go up. Based on last year’s statistics house selling prices in the metro Edmonton area increased just before Christmas.
- Many Edmonton area workers get bonuses at Christmas. Why not sell to a buyer whilst they have their down payments and before they use it to pay off credit card bills?
- When does your home look the most inviting and smell the best? During the Christmas season, your home is decorated and the aroma of all that baking, fills the air.
- Are you going away for some of the Christmas season? If you are, showing it will be easy. We might have your home sold before you get back.
- Don’t forget your neighbours. Many of your neighbors will be having family and friends over for parties. If your neighbour’s friends and family love the area and see your sign, they might call us and buy your home.
- Worried about how to show off your wonderful yard? We will use photographs that you took last summer.
- People are generally happy and optimistic during the Christmas season. This is a wonderful time to sell them your home.
If you choose not to be one of the approx. 1600 homeowners that will sell over Christmas and to wait until 2020 to sell your home, these blog posts are sure to be of interest:
Note this blog was first published on the Ambergate Realty Advisors blog and website in November 2014. It was revised, updated and reposted on November 29th, 2015. It was published again with amendments in December 2017, November 2018 and again in November 2019.
About the author:
You can read more about the author of this blog by clicking this link – Stuart Neal Broker Owner & REALTOR®.
Want more information about our full service FLAT FEE home selling programs? Please feel free to call our broker owner Stuart Neal at: 780-760-2014 or visit our home sellers page www.FlatFeeRealtyAdvisors.ca