In January 2023 I had the pleasure of sitting down with Ilia Kogan the founder and President of Caliber Master Builder and his Production and Client Care Manager Sandra Schrempp.
Ilia started his career 32 years ago with another company where they focused on building multi-family homes.
Establishing Caliber Master Builders around 20 years ago was a natural progression for him and Ilia was please to confirm that they have now built over 1000 homes.
I asked Sandra and Ilia what would distinguish Caliber Master Builders from other service providers and this is what I learned:
1. If you are going to select your own building site, the team at Caliber can help you to choose the best possible site for your needs. They can also advise on the possibilities of rezoning ‘to purpose’ and site coverage constraints and architectural considerations etc. This service alone could save you thousands of dollars. I was told that the Caliber Master Builders team has advised on well over 100 projects like this.
2. Caliber can offer you a full custom home build experience and the in-house design team can quickly and accurately provide general blue prints to help you decide. They have experience in building-in special features for the customer including wheelchair access, or laying out the floor plan to allow for multi-generational family life styles etc. They are also proud of their ‘made in Edmonton’ roots. Shop local!
3. For the right customer, Calibers sweat equity program might also be of interest. As a customer you can accumulate ‘down payment credits’ for undertaking some of the work yourself. For example, if you are a ‘floor tile expert’ Caliber would be open to allowing you to undertake the flooring component of your new home build yourself. You give up your time and cover the cost of materials and therefore the project cost comes down in real terms.
I also asked Sandra and Ilia what type of clients they would typically serve. They confirmed that most of their clients share these characteristics.
1. Most customers are seeking to ‘lose the commute’. Most customers have an interest in buying a newer home closer to where they live and work. Usually this means closer to downtown Edmonton.
2. Most customers are discerning consumers. They want something of the highest quality and if possible, uniqueness too.
3. Many customers are from the oil and gas sectors, or in some cases from the medical field.
Would you like to see some examples of the work that Caliber Master Builders has created?
At the time of writing Caliber Master Builders was starting work to build a show home in the West Jasper Place community. If you would like to arrange a viewing of this home, or perhaps some other Caliber Master Builder projects, please reach out and we can make the arrangements.
To find some of the nicest infill homes in the metro Edmonton area go to this link: Infill Homes for Sale
Learn how to make the rights choices when you buy or sell a home SUBSCRIBE to Stuart Neal - Real Estate Advice for Buyers & Sellers
About the author:
You can read more about the author of this blog by clicking this link – Meet Stuart Neal
For a personal consultation, call Stuart Neal at: 780-760-2014 x 3.Posted by Stuart Neal on
Leave A Comment